Writing can be used as a powerful tool for self-healing. We all have a unique journey as we grow and evolve. The beauty of the practice of writing is that it is available to help us anytime and anywhere.
Albert Flynn DeSilver is a gifted writer and author coach. He provides online programmes for exactly this type of experience and opens the door to honest dialogue for healing in his work.
His profound book, “Writing as a Path to Awakening” opens the reader up to self-examination and the use of the written word as a courageous personal growth strategy.
Join us April 28 in our conversation with Albert Flynn DeSilver as we explore the power of writing as a healing Tool.
- LISTEN LIVE: RealityRadio 101
- When: Thursday April 28, 2022 from 1-2 pm EDT.
- Listeners are invited to ask questions, leave comments, or share their stories via phone or email.
- Phone: 1-866-905-7325 or 905-725-1907
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LISTEN LATER: Bear Psychology Podcast on Apple Podcasts
In Albert’s memoir “Beamish Boy,” he shares his own personal journey of going from suicidal alcoholic to widely published author and spiritual teacher, showing how writing can be central to a healing path. The book is filled with moments of life challenges that awaken us to remember how our life stories are also our pathway to healing and self-understanding. He inspires the reader to become more compassionate with themselves, as they reflect on their own troubling experiences, and reminds us how to integrate the suffering through writing and embodied presence. This is the practice of truth-telling through writing; in which writing (telling) the story helps to let go of the story—until one day we find ourselves reconnected to life, waking up to the freedom and love that is our very nature.
Albert has worked with numerous international bestselling authors like Cheryl Strayed, Dani Shapiro, and Elizabeth Gilbert, among others. These authors have been an inspiration for millions and an opportunity for individuals to better understand how unpackaging your life story can lead to personal growth.
Albert offers a creative writing program online that features a mindful approach to increase inspiration, transformation and celebration from the inside out. For information: https://www.albertflynndesilver.com/program
Do you have a story to share or a writing or journaling solution that has worked for you? Join us in the conversation about this interesting self-exploration strategy.
JOIN US ON BEAR PSYCHOLOGY RADIO
E-mail: email@example.com during the show with questions, comments and your ideas.
Links & Resources:
- More about Albert Flynn DeSilver: https://albertflynndesilver.com/
- The Mindful Authors Accelerator Program: https://albertflynndesilver.com/program
- DeSilver on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/AlbertFlynnDeSilver
- Writing as a Path to Awakening – Intro: https://youtu.be/LFpwW4NN_uA
- FREE 30 minute coaching listeners - first 30 people: https://calendly.com/asisowl/30min?month=2022-04
Materials to Reference:
- Using Expressive Writing to Heal Trauma - Dr James Pennebaker, PhD: https://youtu.be/CjEr0xiXqio
- Shadow Work and Healing Journal Prompts: https://youtu.be/Khau5RpZUrQ
- The Healing Power of Writing | Kerstin Pilz | TEDxTownsville: https://youtu.be/btxVXcRDhqY
- What the best Memoirs have in Common: https://youtu.be/nzMrNDxuct0
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.