We discuss Life in this new COVID World on Realityradio101.com.
How are you managing in this new COVID World?
"the hope that something good can come out of this collective state of "together, apart."– Elena Nicolaou, Mar 19, 2020
Things have changed so rapidly that everyday life seems like "a surreal life".
LISTEN HERE: Bear Psychology Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Recommendations for stopping the spread
- Big changes need to happen to change the course of COVID-19 – What to do
- Clear Warnings
- Hamilton Doctor Warns us in Ontario of what is coming and how clever the virus is.
- Take a Media Diet (seriously limit the amount of time you read, or watch COVID related content)
- Exercise more (even if this means chair exercise, walk about your apartment/room/house/neighbourhood) – always keeping in mind social distancing
- Take a class on line (right now there are so many programs and online classes that are launching to address the needs of millions of people experiencing quarantine or social isolation) – I took a live yoga class through Instagram Live (but you can meditate, learn to knit, join a book club, etc).
- Use this time to do the projects you have wanted to catch up on
- Reach out to a friend or family member who you have not had time for
- Letter from Dr. Hollenstein to his students after classes are closed due to COVID
- CAMH on COVID
- Free irest meditations to help right now
Links & Resources:
- Stay Hopeful with Inspiration – Kitty O'Meara – "and people stayed home"
- For more COVID-19 information on CDC click HERE
- For information on the rolling COVID-19 updates by WHO click HERE
- For more information on managing COVID-19 stress HERE
- Letter from Dr. Hollenstein to his students after classes are closed due to COVID HERE
- CAMH on COVID HERE
- Free irest meditations to help right now HERE
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Another gift back to our community is FREE access to the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program.