Dr. Taylor is a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University, and the chair of the Transpersonal Psychology section at the British Psychological Society. He is also the bestselling author of The Calm Center, The Leap and the Clear Light. His work has been described by Eckhart Tolle as “an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.”
His new book “Extraordinary Awakenings: When Trauma Leads to Transformation” is perfectly timed for the entrance into a new year with all the potential for hope, growth and self-reflection. The stories in this book explore how the worst experiences in life can open a person up to their most profound growth and life transformation.
If you have pain symptoms that do not resolve easily and are not explained by a recent injury, accident or illness, listen to this conversation.
If you have ever experienced an extreme or life-shattering event you may have also experienced what Steve Taylor describes as “transformation through turmoil”, or “shifters”, who evolve in their lives in remarkable ways following terrible events.
Links & Resources:
- Extraordinary Awakenings: https://www.stevenmtaylor.com/books/extraordinary-awakenings/
- Events with Steve Taylor: https://www.stevenmtaylor.com/events/
- Online programs with Steve Taylor: https://www.stevenmtaylor.com/online-courses/
- Spiritual Growth after Trauma: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10943-020-00980-2#:~:text=(2009)%20found%20that%20trauma%20often,(Park%20and%20Folkman%201997).
- Wikipedia on Post-Traumatic Growth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-traumatic_growt
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.