DR. ANNA B. BARANOWSKY, Clinic Director
Ph.D., C.Psych, Clinical Psychologist
Dr Anna is a registered Clinical Psychologist, with the College of Psychologist of Ontario. She graduated with a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Ottawa. She developed a strong interest in helping trauma survivors early in her career and studied with Dr. Charles Figley, world recognized for his role in early diagnostic establishment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Dr. Baranowsky founded the Traumatology Institute in 1998, offering comprehensive trauma and compassion fatigue training for professionals and others who help trauma survivors. She is author and speaker and is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of trauma survivors and those who support them.
She provides assessments, direct clinical services, training and supervision through her clinic.
AREAS OF CARE:
- Works young adults and adults through to retirement and beyond
- Focus on Post Trauma care using a Trauma Practice Tri-Phasic CBT model
- Experienced provider of Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- Trained in EMDR, CBT. Etc.
- Offering services for Mood, Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Specializing in First Responder and Military trauma
- Insurance, WSIB, MVA, legal assessment reports
- Provides supervision and consultation in areas of post trauma growth and recovery
FOCUS OF WORK:
Dr Anna Baranowsky brings over 20 years of experience to her work with a blend of deep awareness of the power of emotions and steady hand in guiding recovery. She values the role of compassion in her service to others while recognizing the important role of the individual in harnessing an inner capacity to heal and recover.
After many years of working with trauma survivors, she witnessed a gap in the mental health community services. Dr. Anna established the Trauma Practice for Healthy Communities as a way of giving back to the community. This allows the clinic to offer group based programs (at no or low fees) for those who would otherwise not have access to post-trauma care. For more information visit: www.traumapractice.org
Her practice is always evolving with the goal of remaining up-to-date in current modalities for psychological treatment and care.